Adjust Rail Theory Program
CERT Chullora Office - Gate 3 Worth Street Chullora NSW 2190
Adjust Rail includes identifying and determining the requirements for rail adjustment, undertaking rail adjustment, and completing all required documentation in accordance with safeworking and regulatory requirements and workplace procedures. Duration: The Initial Adjust Rail training is a three (3)
Adjust Rail includes identifying and determining the requirements for rail adjustment, undertaking rail adjustment, and completing all required documentation in accordance with safeworking and regulatory requirements and workplace procedures.
Duration: The Initial Adjust Rail training is a three (3) day theory course and requires you to complete an On Job Workbook and a one-on-one Competency Assessment.
Cost: $880.00 Per Participant
Location: Gate 3 Worth Street Chullora NSW 2190
To participate in the Adjust Rail course you must have at least a Category 3 Rail Medical and must have completed one of the following Rail Inductions:
- TfNSW SX52 Accessing the Rail Corridor (Formerly RISI)
- ARTC National Track Safety Awareness (NTSA)
It is also recommended that participants have completed the following Units of Competence prior to enrolling into the Adjust Rail Course. The below units meet the requirements for the ARA National Track and Civil Rail Adjuster Job Role.
- TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIF1001 Follows OHS procedures
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals
- TLIB2092 Operate minor mechanical equipment
- TLIS2030 Carry out track ballasting
- TLIS2031 Install railway sleepers
- TLIS2044 Carry out rail installation
- TLIS2034 Install and repair rail fastening systems
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement recognising completion of Rail Adjuster Off Job training.
Upon successful completion of the on job workbook and one-on-one competency assessment you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising completion of:
- TLIB3102 Adjust Rail
This course is blended delivery via the below methods:
- Off Job Assessment – After the In-class training you will be required to sit a written assessment to test your theory knowledge.
- On Job Workbook – The On Job Workbook covers all practical aspects related to the job and reflects your training. Your workbook needs to be completed over a range of time and variables, this needs to be signed off by an already qualified Rail Adjuster. You must be able to provide evidence from the person (must hold at least the minimum qualification of those being signed off) who has signed the on the On Job Workbook.
- Competency Assessment – This is a one on one assessment with a trainer. You will need to demonstrate your knowledge gained through both your theory and practical training.
Nationally Accredited Course:
Yes, a Statement of Attainment is issued for competent students with the unit TLIB3102 Adjust Rail from the TLI32515 Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure.