ARTC NSW Protection Officer Level 2 – Chullora
CERT Chullora Office - Gate 3 Worth Street Chullora NSW 2190
The Protection Officer Course is level based, dependent on competency. Beginning at Protection Officer Level 1 you may choose to progress right through to Protection Officer Level 4. Summary of Workplace Activities: Activities as prescribed for Protection Officer Level 1 Implement
The Protection Officer Course is level based, dependent on competency. Beginning at Protection Officer Level 1 you may choose to progress right through to Protection Officer Level 4.
Summary of Workplace Activities:
- Activities as prescribed for Protection Officer Level 1
- Implement a TOA
- Arrange for track vehicles or work trains to enter the limits of a TOA
- Obtain the staff in token sections for a TOA
- Obtain the half pilot staff for a TOA
ARTC and Transport for NSW
The Initial Protection Officer Level 2 training is a two day theory course. Upon completion of the theory training you will be required to complete an on job workbook and a one-on-one competency assessment.
$495 Per Person
CERT Chullora Office – Gate 3 Worth Street Chullora NSW 2190
This course can also be run at Thornton, Wagga, Dubbo or Onsite at request (cost may vary). Contact the NSW Team on (02) 9735 2522 or [email protected] for more information.
To participate in the Protection Officer Level 2 course you must be a qualified Protection Officer Level 1 and have at least a Category 1 Rail Medical and have completed one of the following Rail Inductions:
- TfNSW SX52 Accessing the Rail Corridor (Formerly RISI)
- ARTC National Track Safety Awareness (NTSA)
You must provide 100 points of identification on the day of the course
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive a Certificate of Achievement recognising completion of ARTC Protection Officer Level 2 Off Job training.
Upon successful completion of the on job workbook and one-on-one competency assessment you will receive a Statement of Attainment recognising completion of:
- TLIL3065 Implement track occupancy authority (TOA)
- TLIC2081 Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits
- TLIL4069 Plan and coordinate protection for multiple worksites within limits of a work on track authority
Blended delivery mode, inclusive of classroom and employment based
This course is blended assessment via the below methods:
- Off Job Assessment – After the In-class training you will be required to sit a written assessment to test your theory knowledge.
- On Job Workbook – The On Job Workbook covers all practical aspects related to the job and reflects your training. Your workbook needs to be completed over a range of time and variables, this needs to be signed off by an already qualified Protection Officer level 1-4. You must be able to provide evidence from the person (must hold at least the minimum qualification of those being signed off) who has signed the on the On Job Workbook.
- Competency Assessment – This is a one on one assessment with a trainer. You will need to demonstrate your knowledge gained through both your theory and practical training.
NB: If you are required to work within the Transport for NSW (TfNSW) Network, you will need to sit the competency assessment with the Transport for NSW Training College. Upon successful completion TfNSW will issue a Statement of Certification.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Yes, a Statement of Attainment is issued for competency students from the TLI32715 Certificate III in Track Protection from the Transport & Logistics training package.
This Course requires you to sit an additional one-on-one assessment every two years testing your retained knowledge, the duration of this assessment is 2 to 4 hours.
FEES AND CONDITIONS
- All material required for this course will be supplied to the participants.
- Payment MUST be made on the day via cheque, credit card or cash unless prior agreements have been made.
RAIL INDUSTRY WORKER (RIW) ROLE
ARTC – Protection Officer Level 2
The mandatory requirements for the ARTC – Protection Officer Level 2 role are as follows:
Category 1 Rail Medical
CPCCOHS1001A Work safely in the construction industry (White Card)
TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
TLIF2081 Perform lookout duties
TLIF3083 Conduct track protection assessment
TLIL3082 Implement absolute signal blocking (CSB)
TLIL3065 Implement track occupany authority (TOA)
TLIC2081 Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits
TLIL4069 Plan and coordinate protection for multiple worksites within limits of a work on track authority
TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
TLIW3027 Clip and secure points
TLIF2097 Use audible warning devices
For more information on RIW requirements please visit www.railindustryworker.com.au