(BALLARAT OFFICE) – VIC Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness
CERT - Ballarat Office - Ballarat Train Station
Description : The Victorian Track Safety Awareness – Level 1 course provides skills and knowledge required by all staff and contractors working in the rail corridor under supervision. This course is suitable for individuals who are new to rail. This course
The Victorian Track Safety Awareness – Level 1 course provides skills and knowledge required by all staff and contractors working in the rail corridor under supervision. This course is suitable for individuals who are new to rail.
This course is recognised by Metro Trains Melbourne, V/Line, and ARTC in Victoria.
This course includes the Metro Trains Melbourne – Safety and Environmental Induction. To work on the V/Line network, the Contractor Induction (available online- https://corporate.vline.com.au/Contractors-suppiers/Contractor-Induction/8-Contractor-Induction-Registration-form) must also be completed.
The unit of competency is a requirement for all persons working in track and civil roles (specifically track construction and maintenance) in addition to the TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure core units and TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor.
TLIF2080 Safely Access the Rail Corridor
$225.00 per participant for Train Track Safety Awareness + MSEI (Metro Safety and Environmental Induction) only
$525.00 per participant if you wish to undertake both the CAT 3 Rail Medical and the TTSA course with CERT (Medicals are conducted by Company Medical Services).
Ballarat Train Station, Northern Platform.
- 100 Points of Identification (including at least one piece of photo identification) on the day
- Closed-toe footwear only (no thongs or sandals)
- Please advise if you have any language, literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English
- There are no prerequisite units for this course
- A medical is not required to sit the course, but must be completed before going on track*
* At a minimum, a Category 3 Rail Medical must be completed as well as this course to gain access to the rail corridor under supervision in Victoria. (Medicals are conducted by Company Medical Services)
On successful completion of this course new learners receive a
- Statement of Attainment that lists the nationally recognised unit of competency TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- Certificate that lists the VIC Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness and Metro Trains Melbourne Safety and Environmental Induction
- Classroom-based learning
- Delivered in English
- Theory component – multiple choice and written questions
- Practical component – conducted one-on-one in which you demonstrate the basic tasks associated with working in the rail corridor
This course provides the foundational unit of competency required by all roles across most Australian rail networks; it also provides the Metro Trains Melbourne Safety and Environmental Induction and other knowledge specific to Victorian rail networks.
On successful completion of this course, learners are eligible to enrol in:
- TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure – Core Units.
If high-risk work tickets, certifications, or licences are also held, completion of this course, a category 3 medical, and a Construction Industry ‘White Card’ (CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry) will allow the learner to work across a number of trade (plumber, carpenter, formworker, etc.) and plant operation roles in the rail corridor.
FEES AND CONDITIONS
- Credit Card and EFT are accepted. Companies can be sent a Invoice on the day of training providing a Purchase Order, Authority to Invoice and/or payment details have been provided.
- Additional fees/restrictions on class sizes may apply.
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER
From the 1st of January 2015 all students undertaking National Recognised Training delivered by an RTO (CERT) will need to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
CERT cannot issue you with a statement of attainment if you do not have a USI. If you have not yet obtained a USI you can apply directly at: http://www.usi.gov.au/create-your-USI
Please note prior to working in the rail industry you must have undertaken and passed the appropriate medical examination. Please refer to fact sheet for more information: https://www.ntc.gov.au/Media/Reports/(AED4D7CB-BDEE-12D8-5CB9-2854340E25A5).pdf
A Category 3 Rail Medical assessment can be completed for students at 7am (prior to course commencement). To book a medical please select this option on enrolment.
* Urine Drug Screens detected as ‘Non-Negative’ will require laboratory confirmation and will incur an additional charge of $77 (inc. GST) charged by Pathology
PLEASE NOTE: We are currently experiencing very high volume for this course.
If a course date below has 0 Places remaining that means it is fully booked, please book the next available course date.