Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure – Core Units
CERT Chullora Office - Gate 3 Worth Street Chullora NSW 2190
The TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure – Core Units course provides seven of the units of competency from TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure. This course provides the foundational competencies required for many rail labouring, plant, and
The TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure – Core Units course provides seven of the units of competency from TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure.
This course provides the foundational competencies required for many rail labouring, plant, and equipment contractor roles on most Australian railway networks.
The eighth unit, TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor is gained through the Train Track Safety Awareness course.
Some operators also require you to hold the unit TLIB2085 Apply Track Fundamentals. This is gained through completing the Apply Track Fundamentals course.
The Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure Core Units are the fundamental building blocks required for the ARA National Track & Civil Roles.
While the units of competency provided in this course are nationally recognised by most railways in Australia, additional operator-specific inductions and training may need to be completed before working on individual rail networks.
Minimum of 2 days; maximum of six months to complete practical assessments
$600 Per Person
CERT Brooklyn – 1/1 Clelland Road Brooklyn Victoria 3012
This course can be held on site on request, contact the VIC team for further information.
Learners must have completed the VIC Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness Course or equivalent, and provide a Statement of Attainment that lists the nationally recognised unit TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
Candidates must be able to read and write to a moderate level in English and be physically fit to handle and operate small tools/machinery.
It is recommended that participants complete CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card).
Students who successfully complete all requirements of this course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment that lists:
- TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communications
- TLIF1001 Follow OHS procedures
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIW2010 Operate under track protection rules
This course is delivered through classroom-based sessions (two days).
Delivered in English
Written theory assessments (open book) are completed during the classroom sessions; or can be completed at home if following the correspondence method.
Once the theory assessments are complete, learners must contact CERT to book the practical.
Practical assessments are conducted one-on-one with a trainer at our Brooklyn facility.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
On successful completion of this course, learners can
- Advance to training in the unit TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals; once that unit is also completed they can work as a Rail Labourer on various rail networks in Australia
- Enrol in further units from the TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure
- Enrol in a TLI32515 Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure
- Learners can also enrol in training for other roles in Plant and Equipment Operation, including Road-Rail Plant Operator
FEES AND CONDITIONS
- Government assistance/VET FEE-HELP is not available for this course.
- Credit Card, EFT and exact Cash Payments are accepted. Companies can be sent a Invoice on the day of training providing a PO, Authority to Invoice and/or payment details have been provided.