Certificate II in Rail Track Vehicle Driving
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 11 core units required to complete this qualification: TLIC2075 Drive and monitor medium or heavy self-propelled on-track equipment TLIC2076 Establish and operate braking system on medium/heavy self-propelled on-track equipment TLIC2078 Identify and respond
Successful assessment of 11 core units required to complete this qualification:
- TLIC2075 Drive and monitor medium or heavy self-propelled on-track equipment
- TLIC2076 Establish and operate braking system on medium/heavy self-propelled on-track equipment
- TLIC2078 Identify and respond to signals and trackside signs
- TLIC2080 Start up, shut down and stable medium/heavy self-propelled on-track equipment
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIF2106 Respond to emergencies and abnormal situations when driving medium/heavy on-track vehicles
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
Successful assessment of 6 elective units required to complete this qualification.
- TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLIB1093 Clean equipment and restore worksites
- TLIB2001 Check and assess operational capabilities of equipment
- TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals
- TLIB2091 Measure and record track geometry
- TLIB2130 Diagnose and rectify minor faults on on-track vehicles
- TLIB2133 Test medium/heavy track vehicle braking system
- TLIC0083 Access rail track to travel track vehicle under a proceed authority
- TLIC0084 Access rail track to travel track vehicles under manual block working conditions
- TLIC2054 Access rail track to run track vehicle within defined worksite
- TLIC2074 Couple and uncouple track maintenance vehicles
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE2008 Process workplace documentation
- TLIE2031 Use communication systems for on-track vehicle operations
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF2018 Operate firefighting equipment
- TLIF3058 Apply safeworking rules and regulations to rail functions
- TLIF3091 Apply awareness of dangerous goods and hazardous materials requirements
- TLII4022 Identify and meet customer requirements
- TLIK2010 Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- TLIS2030 Carry out track ballasting
- TLIW2028 Identify the principles of ballast cleaning operations
- TLIW2029 Identify the principles of ballast regulator operations
- TLIW2030 Identify the principles of dynamic track stabaliser operations
- TLIW2031 Identify the principles of self-propelled rail grinder operations
- TLIW2032 Identify the principles of tamping machine operations
- TLIW2033 Identify the principles of mechanised track laying operations
- TLIW2037 Clip and secure points
- TLIW3026 Operate stand alone signalling/point control equipment
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Employment based.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but students must be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.