Certificate II in Shunting
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 9 core units required to complete this qualification: TLIB2122 Apply awareness of fundamentals of rail operations in yards or sidings TLIC3017 Shunt rolling stock TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication TLIE2007 Use communications systems
Successful assessment of 9 core units required to complete this qualification:
- TLIB2122 Apply awareness of fundamentals of rail operations in yards or sidings
- TLIC3017 Shunt rolling stock
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIE2007 Use communications systems
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIF3087 Follow work health and safety, and environmental procedures in the rail industry
- TLIW3026 Operate stand alone signalling/point control equipment
Successful assessment of 7 elective units required to complete this qualification:
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- TLIB2131 Prepare train
- TLIB3019 Test train braking system
- TLIB3021 Conduct train roll-by inspection
- TLIC3045 Operate road/rail vehicle
- TLIE2008 Process workplace documentation
- TLIF3085 Apply local incident response procedures
- TLIF3091 Apply awareness of dangerous goods and hazardous materials requirements
- TLIU2012 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- TLIW2041 Clip points and apply rail safety equipment
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Employment based.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but students must be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.