Certificate II in Track Protection
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 10 core units required to complete this qualification:TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication TLIE2007 Use communications systems TLIE2008 Process workplace documentation TLIF1001 Follow work health
Successful assessment of 10 core units required to complete this qualification:
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIE2007 Use communications systems
- TLIE2008 Process workplace documentation
- TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIG1001 Work effectively with others
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
Successful assessment of 4 specialist elective units from the specialist elective units listed below plus 1 general elective unit from the general elective units listed below or from the remaining specialist elective units listed below:
- TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals
- TLIE1005 Carry out basic workplace calculations
- TLIF2081 Perform lookout duties
- TLIF2082 Perform handsignaller duties
- TLIF3083 Conduct track protection assessment
- TLIL3082 Implement absolute signal blocking
General Elective Units:
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
- TLIE2029 Conduct workplace information briefings
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF2097 Use audible track warning devices
- TLIK2010 Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- TLIW2037 Clip and secure points
- TLIW2038 Place and remove temporary speed restriction equipment
- TLIW2039 Place and remove permanent way stop boards
- TLIW3026 Operate stand alone signalling/point control equipment
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Both classroom and employment based training is available.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but students must be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.