Certificate II in Tram or Light Rail Infrastructure
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 10 core units required to complete this qualification:MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools TLIB2092 Operate minor mechanical equipment TLIB2125 Apply
Successful assessment of 10 core units required to complete this qualification:
- MEM12023A Perform engineering measurements
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLIB2092 Operate minor mechanical equipment
- TLIB2125 Apply awareness of tram or light rail track fundamentals
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
Successful assessment of 6 elective units required to complete this qualification.
- RIICCM205D Carry out manual excavation
- RIICCM207D Spread and compact materials manually
- RIICCM209D Carry out concrete work
- RIIWHS302D Implement traffic management plan
- TLIB1093 Clean equipment and restore worksite
- TLIB2001 Check and assess operational capabilities of equipment
- TLIC2059 Propel and operate light on-track equipment
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIG1001 Work effectively with others
- TLIG2007 Work in a socially diverse environment
- TLIK2010 Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- TLIS2027 Install and maintain surface track drainage
- TLIS2030 Carry out track ballasting
- TLIS2031 Install railway sleepers
- TLIS2034 Install and repair rail fastening systems
- TLIS2044 Carry out rail installation
- TLIW2001 Operate under track protection rules
- TLIW3027 Operate minor track equipment
- TLIW3035 Heat and cut materials using oxy-LPG equipment for the rail industry
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Both classroom and employment based delivery modes are available.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but students must be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.