Certificate III in Mechanical Rail Signalling
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 11 core units required to complete this qualification:RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and job specifications TLIB3046 Service and clean mechanical signalling equipment and infrastructure TLIB3047
Successful assessment of 11 core units required to complete this qualification:
- RIICCM201D Carry out measurements and calculations
- RIICCM203D Read and interpret plans and job specifications
- TLIB3046 Service and clean mechanical signalling equipment and infrastructure
- TLIB3047 Repair and adjust mechanical signalling equipment and infrastructure
- TLIB3048 Carry out off-site repair, overhaul and assembly of mechanical signalling equipment
- TLIB3053 Maintain mechanical signalling locking and interlocking devices
- TLIB3120 Test mechanical signalling equipment and isolate faults
- TLIE2008 Process workplace documentation
- TLIF2062 Apply awareness of safeworking rules and regulations
- TLIK2010 Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- TLIS3005 Install mechanical infrastructure for signalling
Successful assessment of 7 elective units is required to complete this qualification.
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- NWP227B Control vegetation on a site
- RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platform
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
- RIIWHS205D Control traffic with stop-slow bat
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- TLIA3039 Receive and store stock
- TLIB1093 Clean equipment and restore worksite
- TLIE2007 Use communications systems
- TLIE2029 Conduct workplace information briefings
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF3013 Coordinate breakdowns and emergencies
- TLIF3058 Apply safeworking rules and regulations to rail functions
- TLIG1001 Work effectively with others
- TLIG3002 Lead a work team or group
- TLII1002 Apply customer service skills
- TLIS2004 Install and maintain rail bonding systems
- TLIS3023 Erect and mount structures and housings for signalling equipment
- TLIW3035 Heat and cut materials using oxy-LPG equipment for the rail industry
- UETTDRRF02B Perform pole top rescue
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Employment based.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
Successful completion of the 7 core units of competency from TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure listed below or relevant industry experience gained by working within the rail infrastructure environment.
- TLIB1028 Maintain and use hand tools
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- TLIE1003 Participate in basic workplace communication
- TLIF1001 Follow work health and safety procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIU2008 Apply environmental procedures to rail infrastructure
Students must also be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.