Certificate III in Rail Track Surfacing
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 7 core units required to complete this qualification: TLIB3094 Check and repair track geometry TLIE2007 Use communications systems TLIE2029 Conduct workplace information briefings TLIF3003 Implement and monitor work health and safety procedures TLIJ3002 Apply
Successful assessment of 7 core units required to complete this qualification:
- TLIB3094 Check and repair track geometry
- TLIE2007 Use communications systems
- TLIE2029 Conduct workplace information briefings
- TLIF3003 Implement and monitor work health and safety procedures
- TLIJ3002 Apply quality systems
- TLIS3026 Implement track maintenance and construction
- TLIS3039 Measure and mark track for resurfacing
Successful assessment of 4 elective units is required to complete this qualification.
- TLIB2092 Operate minor mechanical equipment
- TLIC3045 Operate road/rail vehicle
- TLIE2008 Process workplace documentation
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF3058 Apply safeworking rules and regulations to rail functions
- TLIF3089 Implement fatigue management policies and procedures for rail infrastructure
- TLIG1001 Work effectively with others
- TLIG3002 Lead a work team or group
- TLIK2010 Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- TLIS2034 Install and repair rail fastening systems
- TLIS3025 Implement ballast unloading
- TLIU4001 Implement and monitor environmental protection policies and procedures
- TLIW2028 Identify the principles of ballast cleaning operations
- TLIW2029 Identify the principles of ballast regulator operations
- TLIW2030 Identify the principles of dynamic track stabaliser operations
- TLIW2031 Identify the principles of self-propelled rail grinder operations
- TLIW2032 Identify the principles of tamping machine operations
- TLIW2033 Identify the principles of mechanised track laying operations
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Employment based.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
Successful completion of TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure (Track Surfacing) or relevant industry experience gained by working within the rail infrastructure environment. Students must also be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.