Certificate III in Rail Yard Coordination
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 12 core units required to complete this qualification. TLIB2122 Apply awareness of fundamentals of rail operations in yards or sidings TLIE3021 Work and communicate effectively with others TLIE3022 Complete workplace documents TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency
Successful assessment of 12 core units required to complete this qualification.
- TLIB2122 Apply awareness of fundamentals of rail operations in yards or sidings
- TLIE3021 Work and communicate effectively with others
- TLIE3022 Complete workplace documents
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIF3058 Apply safeworking rules and regulations to rail functions
- TLIF3083 Conduct track protection assessment
- TLIF3085 Apply local incident response procedures
- TLIF3087 Follow work health and safety, and environmental procedures in the rail industry
- TLIG4006 Facilitate work teams
- TLIL4038 Organise marshalling and shunting operations
Successful assessment of 6 elective units is required to complete this qualification.
- TLIB2131 Prepare train
- TLIB3018 Conduct full train examination
- TLIB3021 Conduct train roll-by inspection
- TLIB3129 Conduct pre-movement checks on rolling stock
- TLIC3017 Shunt rolling stock
- TLIF3091 Apply awareness of dangerous goods and hazardous materials requirements
- TLIW2041 Clip points and apply rail safety equipment
- TLIW3026 Operate stand alone signalling/point control equipment
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Employment based.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but students must be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.