Certificate III in Terminal Train Driving
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 9 core units required to complete this qualification. TLIB0132 Start up and shut down a single locomotive TLIB2131 Prepare train TLIB3123 Apply awareness of motive power unit fundamentals TLIC0079 Operate a motive power unit
Successful assessment of 9 core units required to complete this qualification.
- TLIB0132 Start up and shut down a single locomotive
- TLIB2131 Prepare train
- TLIB3123 Apply awareness of motive power unit fundamentals
- TLIC0079 Operate a motive power unit within defined limits
- TLIC3027 Stable a motive power unit
- TLIE2007 Use communications systems
- TLIF2010 Apply fatigue management strategies
- TLIF3058 Apply safeworking rules and regulations to rail functions
- TLIU2012 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
Successful assessment of 8 elective units is required to complete this qualification.
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- TLIB2122 Apply awareness of fundamentals of rail operations in yards or sidings
- TLIB3018 Conduct full train examination
- TLIB3019 Test train braking system
- TLIB3021 Conduct train roll-by inspection
- TLIB3113 Diagnose and rectify minor faults on motive power units and rolling stock
- TLIB3118 Apply awareness of railway fundamentals
- TLIB4078 Carry out a train roll-by inspection
- TLIB4079 Conduct a general train examination
- TLIB4081 Provision a motive power unit
- TLIB4082 Set up motive power units in multi-coupled consist
- TLIC3017 Shunt rolling stock
- TLIC3048 Shunt, couple and uncouple electric passenger trains
- TLIC3082 Operate a locomotive by portable remote control
- TLIC4074 Shunt, couple and uncouple rail vehicles
- TLIE1005 Carry out basic workplace calculations
- TLIE2008 Process workplace documentation
- TLIE3002 Estimate/calculate mass, area and quantify dimensions
- TLIF2018 Operate firefighting equipment
- TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIF3085 Apply local incident response procedures
- TLIF3091 Apply awareness of dangerous goods and hazardous materials requirements
- TLIK2010 Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- TLIL2048 Prepare for train departure
- TLIW2041 Clip points and apply rail safety equipment
- TLIW3026 Operate stand alone signalling/point control equipment
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Employment based.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification, but students must be able to understand, read and speak basic English as a minimum.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.