Certificate III in Track Protection
This course is available nationally at CERT’s training facilities or can be offered on-site for workplace applications. Please contact your local CERT office to determine a suitable location.
CORE UNITS Successful assessment of 5 core units required to complete this qualification.TLIE2029 Conduct workplace information briefings TLIF3003 Implement and monitor work health and safety procedures TLIF3083 Conduct track protection assessment TLIJ3002 Apply quality systems TLIL3065 Implement a
Successful assessment of 5 core units required to complete this qualification.
- TLIE2029 Conduct workplace information briefings
- TLIF3003 Implement and monitor work health and safety procedures
- TLIF3083 Conduct track protection assessment
- TLIJ3002 Apply quality systems
- TLIL3065 Implement a track occupancy authority
Successful assessment of 3 specialist elective units is required to complete this qualification.
- TLIC2081 Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits
- TLIF2097 Use audible track warning devices
- TLIL3082 Implement absolute signal blocking
- TLIL3083 Implement a track work authority and manage rail traffic through worksites
- TLIL3084 Implement a local possession authority
- TLIL4069 Plan and coordinate protection for multiple worksites within limits of a work on track authority
- TLIW2039 Place and remove permanent way stop boards
- TLIW3026 Operate stand alone signalling/point control equipment
Plus successful assessment of 3 generalist elective units
- RIIRIS401D Apply site risk management system
- TLIC3045 Operate road/rail vehicle
- TLIF2006 Apply accident-emergency procedures
- TLIF2062 Apply awareness of safeworking rules and regulations
- TLIF3058 Apply safeworking rules and regulations to rail functions
- TLIF3089 Implement fatigue management policies and procedures for rail infrastructure
- TLIG3002 Lead a work team or group
- TLII1002 Apply customer service skills
- TLIK2010 Use infotechnology devices in the workplace
- TLIL4076 Coordinate resources
- TLIW2037 Clip and secure points
The duration for this course is dependent on a number of factors, including the electives chosen, mode of delivery, assessment approach and your individual experience in the industry. If you’d like to find out more about your estimated duration, please contact your local CERT office.
TYPE(S) OF ASSESSMENT TYPE
- Written Theory Assessment
- Practical Assessment
- Classroom and employment based delivery modes are available.
- Recognition of Prior Learning.
The entry requirement for this qualification is TLI21915 Certificate II in Track Protection, or relevant industry experience gained by working in the rail infrastructure environment providing track protection services.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
Click here for the training link.