North Ipswich or onsite as requested.
Workers who are required to communicate with Network Controllers, Rail Traffic Crew and other workers within the Queensland Rail Network UNIT OF COMPETENCY CODE – NAME TLIE2007 – Use communication Systems NETWORK SPONSORED NETWORK CODE QR3.3 This course aligns to
Workers who are required to communicate with Network Controllers, Rail Traffic Crew and other workers within the Queensland Rail Network
UNIT OF COMPETENCY CODE – NAME
TLIE2007 – Use communication Systems
NETWORK SPONSORED NETWORK CODE
This course aligns to specific requirements of Queensland Rails Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189
COURSE OVERVIEW (AND LEARNING OUTCOMES)
This course will develop the participants’ skills and knowledge to:
- Test communication equipment
- Send and receive radio and mobile communications as per Queensland Rail procedures
- Apply effective communication to ensure your safety
- Use standard communication terms when requested by other party
- Use emergency messages appropriately and to procedure
- Explain the barriers to communication and the strategies to overcome them
The enterprise qualification (QR3.3) is valid for three years. Once the qualification is due to expire, students will be required to return to the classroom for recertification.
If recertification is not completed prior to expiry date participants will be required to complete full time program.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDING LLN)
There are no performance or knowledge-based pre-requisites or other entry requirements for the program. In addition, no licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
Participants will undergo an LLN assessment at the commencement of the course. This course requires participants to have literacy, language and numeracy levels to be able to:
- Communications skills to work effectively with workers
- Reading and interpretation skills to follow manufacturer’s instructions
- Reading and interpretation skills to follow workplace procedures
- Writing skills for reporting faults and communication records
Classroom based facilitated training
At the completion of the training course, participants will be assessed via:
- Written questions (open book)
- Practical Assessment
$260 per person
North Ipswich or onsite as requested
Students can continue their studies following this unit, in many different qualifications, including:
- TLI32915 – Certificate III in Tram or Light Rail Infrastructure
- TLI32515 – Certificate III in Rail Infrastructure
- TLI32115 – Certificate III in Rail Structures
- TLI31915 – Certificate III in Mechanical Rail Signalling
- TLI22015 – Certificate II in Shunting
- TLI21915 – Certificate II in Track Protection
On successfully completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (Nationally Recognised)
- Queensland Rail Certificate of Achievement
Please ensure you refer to the Student Information Section prior to enrolment
Please phone our Queensland Office on 07 3908 0430 for bookings
- Participants are required to bring Photo ID to training.
- All course materials are provided.
- Participants will be required to undertake CERT’s enrolment processes and provide a verified Unique Student Identification (USI) Number as a condition of enrolment.
- CERT maintains certain standards of dress with the minimum being closed-in footwear and appropriate attire which must be free from slogans or text which may cause offense to others. Singlets or sleeveless shirts are not considered appropriate.
- If training is conducted on clients site, participants are required to follow organisation requirements of PPE
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) required for any stage of the program will be pre-advised and/or supplied.