Rail Corridor Protection Officer (RCPO)
North Ipswich or onsite as requested.
Any Rail Safety worker conducting the duties of a Rail Corridor Protection Officer in the course of their job role. This course involves the skills and knowledge required to conduct track protection assessments, in accordance with Rail Infrastructure
Any Rail Safety worker conducting the duties of a Rail Corridor Protection Officer in the course of their job role. This course involves the skills and knowledge required to conduct track protection assessments, in accordance with Rail Infrastructure Manager, legislative and regulatory requirements
UNIT OF COMPETENCY CODE – NAME
- TLIF3083 – Conduct track protection assessment
NETWORK SPONSORED NETWORK CODE
This course aligns to specific requirements of Queensland Rails Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189
COURSE OVERVIEW (AND LEARNING OUTCOMES)
This course will develop the participants’ skills and knowledge to:
- Plan work in the rail corridor outside the danger zone
- Establish a worksite in the rail corridor
- Establish the best protection level required for workers and equipment for the worksite
1 day theory face to face facilitated training
Plus assessments and on the job training (completed outside of theory training)
The enterprise qualification (QR3.8) is valid for three years. Once the qualification is due to expire, students must submit evidence of mentoring session and job tasks for recertification.
If recertification not completed prior to expiry date, or insufficient evidence is provided, participant will be required to complete full time program.
- Current NHS Category 3 Health Assessment
- TLIF2080 ( A/B/C) – Safely Access The Rail Corridor
- TLIE2007 – Use Communication Systems
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDING LLN)
There are no performance or knowledge-based pre-requisites or other entry requirements for the program. In addition, no licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
Participants will undergo an LLN assessment at the commencement of the course. This course requires participants to have literacy, language and numeracy levels to be able to:
- Communicate with Network Control Officers
- Following workplace policies, procedures, rules and protocols
- Prepare worksite protection plans
- Communicate understanding of safe work practices
- Complete required workplace documentation of track assessment
- Classroom based facilitated training
- On the job training
At the completion of the training course, participants will be assessed via:
- Written questions (open book).
- Mentoring process in the field (log book) conducted by approved Queensland Rail Mentor. This assessment consists of 3 mentoring tasks.
- One on One Practical Assessment
*The one on one practical assessment will only be conducted once upon submission and successful outcome of all three (3) mentoring tasks .
$405.00 Per Person
North Ipswich or onsite as requested
Students may wish to further their studies by completing :
- TLI32715 – Certificate III in Track Protection
- TLI21915 – Certificate II in Track Protection
On successfully completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (Nationally Recognised)
- Queensland Rail Enterprise Certificate
Please ensure you refer to the Student Information Section prior to enrolment
Please phone our Queensland Office on 07 3908 0430 for bookings
- Participants are required to bring Photo ID to training.
- All course materials are provided.
- Participants will be required to undertake CERT’s enrolment processes and provide a verified Unique Student Identification (USI) Number as a condition of enrolment.
- CERT maintains certain standards of dress with the minimum being closed-in footwear and appropriate attire which must be free from slogans or text which may cause offense to others. Singlets or sleeveless shirts are not considered appropriate.
- If training is conducted on clients site, participants are required to follow organisation requirements of PPE
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) required for any stage of the program will be pre-advised and/or supplied.