Railway Track Signals
North Ipswich or onsite as requested.
This course is designed for any workers who are required to use railway track signals to warn workers of oncoming rail traffic. UNIT OF COMPETENCY CODE – NAMETLIF2097 – Audible track warning devicesNETWORK SPONSORED NETWORK CODE This course
This course is designed for any workers who are required to use railway track signals to warn workers of oncoming rail traffic.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY CODE – NAME
- TLIF2097 – Audible track warning devices
NETWORK SPONSORED NETWORK CODE
This course is aligned to the specific requirements of Queensland Rails Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189
COURSE OVERVIEW (AND LEARNING OUTCOMES)
- Identify Railway Track Signals.
- Determine the appropriate actions to take when working with Rail Track Signals.
- Maintain safety when working with Railway Track Signals.
- Implement the actions required if Railway Track Signals are stolen or go missing.
- Dispose of Railway Track Signals appropriately.
The enterprise qualification is valid for three years. Once the qualification is due to expire, students will be required to return to the classroom for recertification.
If recertification is not completed prior to expiry date participants will be required to complete full time program.
- TLIF2080 (/A/B/C) – Safely access the rail corridor
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDING LLN)
There are no performance or knowledge-based pre-requisites or other entry requirements for the program. In addition, no licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
Participants will undergo an LLN assessment at the commencement of the course. This course requires participants to have literacy, language and numeracy levels to be able to:
- Communicate on location of ATWDs
- Following workplace policies, procedures, rules and protocols
- Follow legislative requirements
- Complete documentation for accessing, transporting and disposing of ATWDs
Classroom based facilitated training
At the completion of the training course, participants will be assessed in class via:
- Written questions (open book)
- Practical Assessment
$180.00 Per Person
North Ipswich or onsite as requested
Students may wish to further their studies by completing:
- TLI32715 – Certificate III in Track Protection
- TLI21915 – Certificate II in Track Protection
On successfully completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (Nationally Recognised)
- Queensland Rail Enterprise Certificate
Please ensure you refer to the Student Information section prior to enrolment
Please phone our Queensland Office on 07 3908 0430 for bookings
- Participants are required to bring Photo ID to training.
- All course materials are provided.
- Participants will be required to undertake CERT’s enrolment processes and provide a verified Unique Student Identification (USI) Number as a condition of enrolment.
- CERT maintains certain standards of dress with the minimum being closed-in footwear and appropriate attire which must be free from slogans or text which may cause offense to others. Singlets or sleeveless shirts are not considered appropriate.
- If training is conducted on clients site, participants are required to follow organisation requirements of PPE.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) required for any stage of the program will be pre-advised and/or supplied.