TLIB2085 Apply Track Fundamentals
Victoria - Newport Skills Centre
Description : The TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals course involves the skills and knowledge required to understand fundamentals of track maintenance and construction and carry out basic track measurement, in accordance with approved standards, safeworking and regulatory requirements and workplace
The TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals course involves the skills and knowledge required to understand fundamentals of track maintenance and construction and carry out basic track measurement, in accordance with approved standards, safeworking and regulatory requirements and workplace procedures. It includes identifying track terminology, track components and track tools and equipment; and undertaking basic track measurement. Licensing or certification requirements are not applicable to this unit.
TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals is a unit of competency from the Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure. While the unit of competency provided in this course is nationally recognised, additional network-specific training or induction may be required before you are able to work on some networks.
In addition to the Train Track Safety Awareness unit TLIF2080 Safely Access the Rail Corridor and the TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure core units, it is required by all persons working in track and civil roles (specifically track construction and maintenance).
$300 Per Person
Newport Skills Centre – Rail Academy
7 Shea St, Newport VIC 3015
Please note that this course can also be held onsite on request, please contact the VIC office for further information
ON THE DAY REQUIREMENTS
Students are required to wear correct PPE on the day including Orange High Vis, Long sleeved shirt, pants, boots and Gloves
Also please be aware there is no lunch truck available but there are full kitchen amenities available for use.
- Learners must have completed the Train Track Safety Awareness Course or equivalent, and provide a Statement of Attainment that lists the nationally recognised unit TLIF2080A/B/C Safely access the rail corridor
- Learners must have completed the theory component and theory assessments for the Core Units from the TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure.
- Learners must be able to read and write to a moderate level in English and be physically fit to handle and operate small tools/machinery.
Students who successfully complete all requirements of this course will be awarded a Statement of Attainment that lists TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals.
- Classroom-based learning
- Delivered in English
- Theory – written theory assessments.
- Practical – assessments conducted one-on-one with an assessor. Once the above theory assessment is complete learners must contact CERT to book the practical.
NATIONALLY ACCREDITED COURSE
On successful completion of this course, learners can
- Enrol in further units from the TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure (Track Work or Track Surfacing streams and electives)
- Also enrol in training for other roles in Plant and Equipment Operation, including Road-Rail Plant Operator, specialist electives Group A – Track Worker or specialist electives Group C – Track Surfacing
FEES AND CONDITIONS
- Government assistance/VET FEE-HELP is not available for this course.
- Credit Card, EFT and exact Cash Payments are accepted. Companies can be sent a Invoice on the day of training providing a PO, Authority to Invoice and/or payment details have been provided.