With the World Health Organisation assessing COVID-19 as a pandemic we reflect on how we can protect our customers, employees and our contractors.
Our priority is to provide and maintain a safe environment for our customers, employees and contractors to safely maintain operations and continue to deliver our usual high level of service.
With a focus on staying healthy The Group has initiated a number of measures to manage and mitigate the risks of COVID-19.
– We are actively and continuously monitoring official information and advice surrounding COVID-19 from the Department of Health in Australia, ASQA, WorkSafe Authorities and the World Health Organisation (WHO).
– The Executive Management team is meeting daily to monitor the situation and to ensure consistent and accurate information can be provided to our customers, employees and contractors.
– As per the recommendations from ASQA (article from Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) coronavirus (COVID-19) statement on 17 March 2020), CERT Training Centres:
- Are providing hand sanitizer and have hand washing facilities at every training location
- Have changed the layout of our training rooms to meet the social distancing recommendations
- Have reduced student numbers for each course
- Are currently reviewing the option to provide training on-line via virtual classroom instead of site-based training.
– All non-essential travel has been suspended. Our training team and operations managers will continue to be available to discuss any of your requirements, we ask that during this time we connect in other ways, including Skype meetings or teleconference.
– Increased awareness for all customers, employees and contractors around preventative tactics including good personal hygiene and correct hand washing techniques.
– Reducing the possibility of transmission by creating open communication between employees and managers regarding their health and recent travel for themselves or those close to them.
– Developed an action plan should an employee advise that they have contracted the virus to protect other workers and students from possible exposure.
We will continue to prioritise the safety of our students, while maintaining high levels of customer service and ask that customers respect site-based instructions for entry. We all have a part to play in minimising the effects of COVID-19.
Further updates will be issued as information becomes available.