There are many kinds of jobs for a rail industry worker. Some are simple and require only standard certification. However, for tasks such as operating a forklift truck or performing rigging, you will need a special license for high-risk jobs. If you require this type of licence, we invite you to browse our range of Western Australia licences online.


CERT – A Registered Training Organisation with Affordable Fees

At CERT you can be certain of two things. One, that we are a certified training centre, which issues high-risk job licenses for any industry rail worker in Western Australia recognised in all the Australian states. Two, that we have affordable fees for our courses, allowing you to become certified to perform rigging or operate motorised railway maintenance and repair machinery.


Please note that in certain situations, the course fee includes the WorkSafe Licence Fee. CERT collects this fee on behalf of WorkSafe for the purpose of issuing your High Risk Work Licence. 


Rail Industry Worker’s Guide to Our Featured Licences

We encourage you to browse all our relevant licences and enrol to obtain the one that meets your job requirements:


1. Licence to Erect, Alter & Dismantle Scaffolding

Any kind of construction works, including in the rail industry, involves the use of scaffolding. And, according to the authorities’ regulations, any rail industry worker whose tasks involve erecting, altering or dismantling scaffolding requires a high risk licence.


This course has three levels:


The successful rail industry worker eligible for this course must be at least 18 years old. The courses are delivered in a face to face workshop and the assessment method will include both a theoretical examination and a practical demonstration of the acquired skills.


2. Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck

Many rail industry jobs involving material handling require the use of a forklift truck. In order to be allowed to operate a forklift truck, a rail industry worker needs a high risk work licence.


If you want to be successful at your job, the CERT Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck is the best solution for you. Our instructors will teach you how to:


After you complete the course and pass the assessment, you will receive your licence by mail directly from WorkSafe.


3. Licence to operate a Non-Slewing Mobile Crane

Non-slewing mobile cranes are:


However, the Licence to Operate a Non-Slewing Mobile Crane is not valid for vehicle tow trucks, as they are not included in the non-slewing mobile crane category. Upon successful completion, a rail industry worker will master the following topics, among others:


Please note that you have to be at least 18 years old to enrol for this course.


4. Licence to Perform Basic Rigging & Dogging

This licence to perform rigging is part of a three-level course: basic, intermediate and advanced. For dogging (defined as using slinging techniques) this is the only required course to obtain your high risk work licence.


The course is delivered face to face in a workshop over 7 days. The assessment will cover both theoretical knowledge and a practical demonstration. Successful participants will receive:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *