VIC Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness
This course has been designed for workers who are required to access the rail corridor as part of their role. It is designed to give learners the skills and knowledge required to safely enter and navigate around the rail corridor and danger zone with the permission of the access provider‚ in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
This course provides the unit of competency required by all roles across most Australian rail networks; it also provides the Metro Trains Melbourne Safety and Environmental Induction and other knowledge specific to Victorian rail networks.
To work on the V/Line network, the Contractor Induction must also be completed (available online - https://corporate.vline.com.au/Contractors-suppiers/Contractor-Induction/8-Contractor-Induction-Registration-form).
** This course is recognised by Metro Trains Melbourne, V/Line, and ARTC in Victoria.**
A Category 3 Rail Medical Assessment can be completed for students at 07:30am on the day of training. To book a medical please select this option upon enrolment
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures
- Communicate identified hazards
Please advise if you have any language‚ literacy, or numeracy needs; or difficulties reading, writing, or speaking English
Please ensure you:
- Bring 100 Points of Identification (including at least one piece of photo identification) on the day
- Wear closed-toe footwear only (no thongs or sandals)
Once the two (2) years has passed‚ students will need to complete a recertification.
- Demonstrate how to safely access and work in the rail corridor
- Recognise the danger zone
- Identify and access a safe place
- Identify the direction of approaching traffic
- Apply minimum sighting distances
- Maintain situational awareness to identify potential risks
- Identify and explain the use of communication tools when working in the rail environment
- Identify and report unsafe situations within the rail environment
- Identify electrical safety hazards, risks and controls used in the rail corridor
- TLIF2080 – Safely access the rail corridor
- VICL10TTSA Victorian Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness
- VICMETSAEI Metro Safety and Environmental Induction
Participants may wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the rail industry and enrol within the TLI21315 - Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure qualification.
- Theory assessment – (closed book)
- Practical demonstration
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop
|VIC Level 1 Train Track Safety Awareness||8 February 2021||08:30 am – 08:45 am||CERT NSW Chullora||5||$0.00|