North Ipswich or onsite as requested.
This course is designed for workers who are required to warn and signal rail traffic using handsignalling equipment. This course provides the skills and knowledge to perform handsignaller duties, in accordance with Rail Infrastructure Manager, legislative and regulatory
This course is designed for workers who are required to warn and signal rail traffic using handsignalling equipment. This course provides the skills and knowledge to perform handsignaller duties, in accordance with Rail Infrastructure Manager, legislative and regulatory requirements. This includes taking up hand signaller positions, using hand signal commands to manage rail traffic, and taking action in unsafe situations or emergencies.
UNIT OF COMPETENCY CODE – NAME
- TLIF2082 – Perform Handsignaller duties
NETWORK SPONSORED NETWORK CODE
This course is aligned to the specific requirements of Queensland Rails Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189
COURSE OVERVIEW (AND LEARNING OUTCOMES)
This course covers the skills and knowledge for the below learning outcomes :
- Identify equipment required to Handsignal
- Demonstrate the display of hand, flag and light signals
- Identify the correct location and safe position to stand when handsignalling
The enterprise qualification (QR3.4) is valid for three years. Once the qualification is due to expire, students will be required to return to the classroom for recertification.
If recertification is not completed prior to expiry date participants will be required to complete full time program.
- TLIF2080 (/A/B/C) – Safely access the rail corridor
- TLIE2007 – Use Communication Systems
- TLIF2097 – Audible track warning devices
- Current NHS Category 1 Health Assessment
- Current Psychometric Testing for Handsignaller
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS (INCLUDING LLN)
There are no performance or knowledge-based pre-requisites or other entry requirements for the program. In addition, no licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification.
Participants will undergo an LLN assessment at the commencement of the course. This course requires participants to have literacy, language and numeracy levels to be able to:
- Communicate worksite protection plan briefing
- Following workplace policies, procedures, rules and protocols
- Follow legislative requirements
- Working within timeframes
- Conduct and document risk assessment
- Recording / reporting emergencies / incidents
Classroom based facilitated training
At the completion of the training course, participants will be assessed in class via:
- Written questions (open book)
- Practical Assessment
$180.00 Per Person
North Ipswich or onsite as requested
Students may wish to further their studies by completing:
- TLI21915 – Certificate II in Track Protection
On successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- Statement of Attainment (Nationally Recognised)
- Queensland Rail Enterprise Certificate
Please ensure you refer to the Student Information section prior to enrolment
Please phone our Queensland Office on 07 3908 0430 for bookings
- Participants are required to bring Photo ID to training.
- All course materials are provided.
- Participants will be required to undertake CERT’s enrolment processes and provide a verified Unique Student Identification (USI) Number as a condition of enrolment.
- CERT maintains certain standards of dress with the minimum being closed-in footwear and appropriate attire which must be free from slogans or text which may cause offense to others. Singlets or sleeveless shirts are not considered appropriate.
- If training is conducted on clients site, participants are required to follow organisation requirements of PPE.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) required for any stage of the program will be pre-advised and/or supplied.