This medical applies to rail workers or contractors undertaking a safety critical role however, a sudden medical event or incapacity will not result in a serious incident affecting public safety. The medical is designed to detect conditions which may impact on vigilance and work attentiveness, such as visual problems, epilepsy, neurological and sleep conditions, and other disorders.
A CAT 2 rail medical differs from a CAT 1 rail medicals in that it does not require workers to undergo a resting electrocardiograph.
What is included in a CAT 2 rail medical:
This is a less commonly requested rail medical.
- Vision testing
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- General medical examination
- Drug and alcohol screening
How long is a CAT 2 rail medical valid for?
Category 2 Rail medicals are valid from the time of commencement to:
- Every 5 years up until the age of 50, then
- Every 2 years from age 50 up until the age of 60, then
- Every year form age 60 onwards
Book your Cat 1 Rail Medical by contacting us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or, phone: 1300 042 378