Apply Track Fundamentals
This course involves understanding the fundamentals of track maintenance and construction and carrying out basic track measurements in accordance with approved standards, safeworking and regulatory requirements and workplace procedures. It includes identifying track terminology, track components and track tools and equipment, and undertaking basic track measurement.
While the unit of competency provided in this course is nationally recognised, additional network-specific training or induction may be required before you are able to work on some networks.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- TLIB2085 Apply track fundamentals
Participants may wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the rail industry and enrol within the TLI21315 - Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure qualification.
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Basic track and structures infrastructures terminology
- Track geometry features
- Track components
- Turnout components
- Tools, equirement and track machines
- Basic track measurements
- Relevant safety, work health and safety (WHS) and environmental procedures and regulations
- Rail danger zones
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures
- Read and understand instructions procedures, information, drawings and technical data
- Communicate identified hazards
- Conduct track calculations
Participants must also:
- Have completed the Train Track Safety Awareness (TTSA) course or equivalent and provide a Statement of Attainment that lists the nationally recognised unit TLIF2080 Safely access the rail corridor
- Have successfully completed the theory assessments for the Core Units from the TLI21315 Certificate II in Rail Infrastructure
- Be physically fit to handle and operate small tools and machinery
On the day requirements
Participants must wear correct PPE on the day including orange high vis, long sleeved shirt, pants, boots and gloves. If you do not have the correct PPE on the day of training, you will not be able to participate within any training.
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment (open book)
- Practical demonstration
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop
Book directly into a course
|Apply Track Fundamentals||18 December 2019||08:00 am - 04:00 pm||CERT VIC Brooklyn||6||$450.00|