Licence to perform rigging basic level
This course covers performing basic rigging work, associated with movement of plant and equipment, steel erections, hoists (including mast climbing hoists), placement of pre-cast concrete, safety nets and static lines, perimeter safety screens and shutters, and cantilever crane loading platforms for licensing purposes.
This course requires you to be able plan the work, select and inspect equipment, set up task, erect structures and plant, and dismantle structures and plant. This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Please note for this course a WorkSafe licence fee applies. This fee is collected by WorkSafe to issue your High Risk Work Licence (RB Class). The application form is completed on the day and CERT submits this directly to WorkSafe on your behalf – meaning you just have to complete the course and then wait for your permit to arrive in the mail. The application fee is $100.00 for a new licence or $78.50 to add a class to an existing licence.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- CPCCLRG3001A - Licence to perform rigging basic level
- High Risk Work Licence from WorkSafe WA.
Participants may wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the construction industry by enrolling into other High Risk Work courses.
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Planing a job
- Hazard identification, risk controls and appropraite PPE
- Inspecting and selecting lifting equipment
- Appropriate communication methods and equipment
- Performing a task using lifting equipment
- Shut down and clean up work area and equipment
- Erect and dismantle structres and plant
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures and manufacturer's instructions
- Communicate identified hazards and necessary instructions
- Calculations for estimation and measurement of loads
- Calculation for ground bearing pressures in different conditions
- CPCCLDG3001A - Licence to perform dogging or holding a valid licence for dogging
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment
- Practical demonstration
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop with locations in Bunbury, Wleshpool and Port Headland
- Five day workshop
- Cost: $880 - prices may vary depending on location of training
- WorkSafe licence fee included in the course cost