Licence to perform rigging advanced level
This course covers performing rigging work at the advanced level, which includes all the outcomes for rigging work at the basic and intermediate levels, and also includes rigging of gin poles and shear legs, flying foxes and cable ways, guyed derricks and structures, and suspended scaffolds and fabricated hung scaffolds for licensing purposes.This course requires the applicant to be able plan the work, select and inspect equipment, set up task, erect structures and plant and dismantle structures and plant. This course is based upon the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
Please note for this course a WorkSafe licence fee applies. This fee is collected by WorkSafe to issue your High Risk Work Licence (RA Class). The application form is completed on the day and CERT submits this directly to WorkSafe on your behalf – meaning you just have to complete the course and then wait for your permit to arrive in the mail. The application fee is $100.00 for a new licence or $78.50 to add a class to an existing licence.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- CPCCLRG4001A - Licence to perform rigging advanced level
- High Risk Work Licence from WorkSafe WA.
Participants may wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the construction industry by enrolling into other High Risk Work courses.
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Planing a job
- Hazard identification, risk controls and appropraite PPE
- Inspecting and selecting lifting equipment
- Appropriate communication methods and equipment
- Performing a task using lifting equipment
- Shut down and clean up work area and equipment
- Erect and dismantle structres and plant
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures and manufacturers instructions
- Communicate identified hazards and necessary instructions
- Calculations for estimation and measurement of loads
- Calculation for ground bearing pressures in different conditions
- Calculations of Safe Working Load (SWL) and Working Load Limit (WLL)
- CPCCLRG3002A - Licence to perform rigging intermediate level or holding a valid licence for intermediate rigging.
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment
- Practical demonstration
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop
- Five day workshop
- Cost: $990 - prices may vary depending on location of training