Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a boom-type elevating work platform where the length of the boom is 11 meters or more. This includes, planning work with the boom-type elevating work platform, conduct routine checks, set up elevating work platform, operate elevating work platform, and shut down and secure elevating work platform. A person performing this work is required to hold a boom-type elevating work platform high risk work (HRW) licence.
*Boom-type elevating work platform means a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device, or any combination of these, used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated.
- This course is based on the licensing requirements of Part 4.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations, HRW and meets Commonwealth, state and territory HRW licensing requirements
Please note for this course a WorkSafe licence fee applies. This fee is collected by WorkSafe to issue your High Risk Work Licence (WP Class). The application form is completed on the day and CERT submits this directly to WorkSafe on your behalf – meaning you just have to complete the course and then wait for your permit to arrive in the mail.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- TLILIC2005 - Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
- High Risk Work Licence from WorkSafe WA.
Participants may wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the construction industry by enrolling into other High Risk Work courses.
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Planing a job
- Hazard identification, risk controls and appropriate PPE
- Inspecting work platform, including routine checks
- Appropriate communication methods and equipment
- Set up elevating work platform
- Operating work platform
- Reporting and recording defects and damages
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures and manufacturers instructions
- Read boom-type elevating work platform data plate
- Communicate identified hazards and necessary instructions
- Calculations of load weight assessment to ensure compliance with boom-type elevating work platform data plate specifications
- Calculations to select appropriate boom-type elevating work platform in accordance with load and workplace conditions
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment
- Practical demonstration
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop
- One day course for experienced operators $356
- Two day course for inexperienced operators $429
- *Please note, the price listed may vary depending on the location of training