Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes)
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 20 tonnes. This course requires a person operating slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 20 tonnes to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up crane, transfer a load and shut down and secure the crane after completing the operation.
Slewing mobile crane means a mobile crane incorporating a boom or jib that can be slewed, but does not include:
- a front-end loader
- a backhoe
- an excavator
- other earth moving equipment, when configured for crane operation
This unit applies to the activities of a person operating slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 20 tonnes that is a:
- non-slewing mobile crane with a capacity exceeding 3 tonnes
- reach stacker
- slewing mobile crane with a capacity of 20 tonnes or less
- vehicle loading crane with a capacity of 10 metre tonnes or more, excluding the application of load estimation and slinging techniques to move a load
A person performing this work is required to hold a slewing mobile crane – with a capacity up to 20 tonnes high risk work (HRW) licence.
- This unit is based on the licensing requirements of Part 4.5 of the Model Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations, HRW and meets Commonwealth, state and territory HRW licensing requirements
Please note for this course a WorkSafe licence fee applies. This fee is collected by WorkSafe to issue your High Risk Work Licence (C2 Class). The application form is completed on the day and CERT submits this directly to WorkSafe on your behalf – meaning you just have to complete the course and then wait for your permit to arrive in the mail. The application fee is $100.00 for a new licence or $78.50 to add a class to an existing licence.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
The following topics are covered within this course:
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
The following assessment methods are used within this course: