Licence to perform basic rigging and dogging
Dogging is, for the purpose of licensing, defined as applying slinging techniques, including selecting and/or inspecting lifting gear and/or directing the crane operator when the load is in and out of direct view.
Rigging is completed in three different stages. Basic, intermediate and advanced. Each level is a prerequisite for the next. In this course, you will complete the basic rigging training.
Completion of the basic rigging unit allows you to perform work associated with the movement of plant and equipment, steel erections, hoists (including mast climbing hoists), placement of pre-cast concrete (also known as tilt panels), safety nets and static lines, perimeter safety screens and shutters and cantilevered crane loading platforms.
Participants must successfully complete all assessments for the unit CPCCLDG3001A – Licence to perform dogging before progressing onto the 2nd unit of this course CPCCLRG3001A – Licence to perform rigging basic level
Please note for this course a WorkSafe licence fee applies. This fee is collected by WorkSafe to issue your High Risk Work Licence. The application form is completed on the day and CERT submits this directly to WorkSafe on your behalf – meaning you just have to complete the course and then wait for your permit to arrive in the mail. The application fee is $100.00 for a new licence or $78.50 to add a class to an existing licence.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- CPCCLRG3001A - Licence to perform rigging basic level
- CPCCLDG3001A - Licence to perform dogging or holding a valid licence for dogging
- High Risk Work Licence from WorkSafe WA.
Participants may wish to expand their knowledge and skills in the construction industry by enrolling into other High Risk Work courses.
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Planing a job
- Hazard identification, risk controls and appropraite PPE
- Inspecting and selecting lifting equipment
- Appropriate communication methods and equipment
- Performing a task using lifting equipment
- Shut down and clean up work area and equipment
- Erect and dismantle structres and plant
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures and manufacturer's instructions
- Communicate identified hazards and necessary instructions
- Calculations for estimation and measurement of loads
- Calculation for ground bearing pressures in different conditions
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment
- Practical demonstration
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop
- Seven (7) day workshop
- Cost: $1600 at Bunbury training facility. Please contact CERT WA for pricing for on-site or other locations
Book directly into a course