ARTC TA20 Handsignaller
This qualification is intended for people who want a career in the rail industry performing Lookout Working and Handsignalling duties.
These duties may include protecting worksites, obstructions and defective fixed signals on the managed Victorian Rail Network and other associated tasks covered by the ARTC TA20 Rules and Operating Procedures for the Victorian main line rail network.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
- TLIF2081 - Perform lookout duties
- TLIF2082 - Perform handsignaller duties
- TLIF2097 - Use audible track warning devices
- TLIW2001 - Operate under track protection rules
- TA20 Handsignaller
- On successful completion of the course, you will be required to upload both the Statement of Attainment and Certificate of Achievement against your Rail Industry Worker (RIW) profile.
Career opportunities after completing a qualification as a Track Protection Lookout and Handsignaller include:
- Track Force Protection Coordinator Level 1
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Network Communication/s
- Conditions Affecting the Network (CAN)
- Lookout Working
- Audible Track Warning Signals (ATWS)
- Handsignalling in Country Regions – Track Force protection
- Fixed Signals
- Track Force Protection and Protecting Obstructions
- Safety near 1500 Volt Overhead
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures
- Communicate identified hazards and necessary instructions
- Participants will require a Category 1 type rail based medical with a compliant Certificate of Fitness prior to commencing the course.
- TLIF2080 - Safely Access the Rail Corridor
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment (Closed book)
- Practical assessment (Simulated environment)
- On-the-job logbook ( 40 logged hours)
- Competency assessment (conducted with Assessor at completion of on-the-job workbook) - 1 day
- This courses is facilitated via a face to face workshop (2 days)
- This course requires participants to complete an on-the-job workbook (40 hours), where the participant is guided by a qualified person. This is to be organised by the participant.
- Cost of Course - $550
- Training located at Brooklyn with practical demonstrations done on track
Book directly into a course
|ARTC TA20 Handsignaller||11 & 12 August 2021||08:30 am - 04:30 pm||CERT VIC Brooklyn||6||$550.00|