QR3.15 Working in the Electrified Territory (WET) - PM Session
This course has been designed for workers who are required to secure a signal at stop or disable a signal route in the field by operating the switching device.
The purpose of this course is to provide contractors and other authorised personnel with a basic understanding of the traction system‚ relevant electrical risks and minimum safe working requirements for work, while working in electrified territory within Queensland Rail. It also provides basic guidelines to report incidents and emergencies effectively.
Successful completion of this training is mandatory to perform work safely on or near high voltage electrical apparatus, in all electrified railways within Queensland Rail (unless the work is performed under direct supervision). This training does not grant access to railway corridors or facilities.
**This course is valid for personnel looking to work on the Queensland Rail Network**
Students are required to hold the QR3.2 Safely Access the Rail Corridor prior to enrolling in this course.
Upon successful completion of all assessments, students will receive:
Queensland Rail Certificate of Achievement
- QR3.15 Working in the Electrified Territory (This course aligns to specific requirements of Queensland Rail’s Electric Traction Systems Standard MD-10-191)
The following topics are covered within this course:
- Identify common terminology relevant to working in the 25Kv electrified territory.
- Outline legislative obligations and requirements of staff and contractors, for working in and around the electrified territory and overhead line equipment.
- Identify common electrical safety risks, hazards and controls in electrified areas.
- Describe the mandatory safeworking requirements for working in the 25Kv electrified territory within Queensland Rail.
- Describe how to safely respond and report faults, incidents and life threatening emergencies.
Including Language Literacy and Numeracy (LL&N):
Participants will undergo an LL&N assessment at the commencement of the course. This course requires participants to have LL&N levels to be able to:
- Read and understand work safety signs and symbols
- Read and understand workplace policies and procedures
- Communicate identified hazards
- Calculations of time spent in different activities
The following assessment methods are used within this course:
- Theory assessment (open book)
- This course is facilitated via a face to face workshop
Before the expiry date‚ students will need to return to CERT to complete a recertification. If the expiry date has passed, the student must return to CERT and re-sit the full Working in the Electrified Territory (WET) course.
Book directly into a course
|QR3.15 Working in the Electrified Territory (WET) - Afternoon Session||13 August 2021||12:00 pm - 04:00 pm||460 - 492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury Qld 4107||4||$200.00|
|QR3.15 Working in the Electrified Territory (WET) - Afternoon Session||17 August 2021||12:00 pm - 04:00 pm||460 - 492 Beaudesert Road, Salisbury Qld 4107||6||$200.00|